blob: 162675e67a644a55f81a41b2913e94bc3988a8e0 (plain
Upgrading checklist for Echolot
- Download the latest .tar.gz from <URL:http://www.palfrader.org/echolot/>.
- Verify the signature.
- Stop the running pingd.
- Make sure it no longer runs.
- Make a backup of your entire echolot directory. really.
- Untar the new Echolot release to a new directory and copy your
data directory and pingd.conf there.
- Replace your old Echolot directory with the new tree.
- Start the new pingd and verify it's working properly.
Notes for upgrades from a version earlier than 2.0.6
- If you have specified thesaurusindexfile and/or indexfilebasename in your
Echolot configuration file, please remove the .html extension from that